Wednesday 12 May 2010

Regrets + Politics

So, those of you who are still unaware, the UK has got a new Prime Minister. Mr David Cameron of the Conservative party has taken occupancy of Number 10 and will start to slowly degrade the quality of life for all in the country. He and his party made a deal with the Lib Dem's to work together for the good of the country.

hmmmm.


Different note, I was sat on a bus today, on the way back from a materials recycling firm (Incinerator plant), and I heard someone mention 'regrets'. It got me thinking, what, if anything do people regret in their lives? Is it better to have tried something and gained experience, should failed attempts be regretted, or appreciated?

I came to the conclusion that I myself, do not regret anything that I can remember. Obviously, there are situations where I have wondered what might have happened had I made a different choice. Primarily was my dropping out of Portsmouth University a few years ago, in my second year. At the time, I was miserable and smoking too much and generally not doing as well as I am capable. I have often wondered where I would be now, had I stuck at it and carried on with the course. It was a similar course to the one I am currently attending, so still in a similar direction.

However, I do not regret my decision to leave portsmouth. I gained experiences from my time there, and met some amazing people, however, I believe (I suppose believe is the word) that the choice I made then, and the choices I have made since, have led me to where I am now. Which though I still have the ups and downs, I am very happy.

I am not saying I believe in 'fate'. I believe it was due to my choices, and the people in my life that have made me what I am, and put me where I am. And as such, it would be wrong of me to regret any of the choices or mistakes I have made.

I am not sure if it makes sense. I suppose there should always be an aspect of regret in ones life, missed opportunities and experiences. However, can you really regret something you never did? After all, we are all just dust in the wind....or something.....right?


Anyway, here is a picture...


It hasn't shown up in my draft, I hope it shows in the real post. This is a picture (if it worked) of some pebble balancing. My friend Andrew constructed the pile, I just took a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment